Friday, December 5, 2008

WEDDING AND MARRIAGE






















I found the wedding video of Joi and Mizuka at One Word, Zhoen's blog. Listen to her and D's podcasts by clicking on "One Word Aloud" at the top of her blog. I've been reading her blog for some time now, but just heard her voice and D's music in the last few days.

If my parents were still alive, yesterday would have been their 60th wedding anniversary.

What I remember most clearly about RTN in these last few days is his laughter, especially the day in 1970 when we quietly laughed so hard each time we looked at each other that we had to leave the church, the only time we were in a church together. When we were safely outside, we laughed for a long time in the California sunlight.

("Wedding and Marriage," painted in gouache and watercolor by am sometime soon after December 14, 1999, when I talked on the phone with RTN who was recovering from surgery for throat cancer. We had met on the beach at Half Moon Bay, California, on December 14, 1966. There was no wedding and no marriage, but there were 42 years of friendship)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I love your painting Am! I love having good memories to laugh about.

Dale said...

(o)

robin andrea said...

I am struck by a love that lasts forever, like yours for RTN.