Monday, April 11, 2011

Every 10 years or so






















While working on my previous post, I heard a tiny odd sound coming from the kitchen. Not very loud. Nothing scary. I was concentrating on finishing the post. I've heard several subtle unidentifiable sounds lately. As recently as last night, I was concerned that there might be water coming through the ceiling from the condominium above me. When I checked where water had come through before, I didn't see anything, and the sound stopped.

A year ago, I called a plumber to look at my water heater, thinking I might need a new one. The plumber drained it and said it should last a few more years. It was 10 years old. My last water heater lasted for much longer than that but did get to the point where it started leaking and caused some water damage. I thought I had done the footwork so that that would not happen again.

Yep. It was the water heater that I heard, and water was slowing draining onto my kitchen floor.

Fortunately, I did not have to call a plumber but was able to get help from the maintenance man from the property management company that our condominium association works with. Everything will be back to normal by tomorrow.

It's good I decided to just take it easy and stay home this morning.

Now I know this, too.

"Thank you for everything. I have no complaint whatsoever."

Really.

2 comments:

bev said...

Glad that you investigated and found the source of the sound!

am said...

bev: Thanks for stopping by!