Monday, September 5, 2011

chicka-dee-dee-dee / a Scudder Pond morning



Listen

If I ever moved away from Northwest Washington (I've been here for 37 years now, so that seems more and more unlikely) I would choose to visit this time of year. It's the time I love the best .

Yesterday a neighbor friend and I took an 8-9 mile walk up the hill to the north, down the hill to the west to Memorial Park (created during World War I and including the current war, 2003- ) and then the long gradual roundabout uphill way back to Scudder Pond heading east, then south, then east, then north. Lots of people out walking on this Labor Day weekend.

Dry, sunny, warm, slight breeze. The air smelled like ripe blackberries much of the way.

3 comments:

Loren said...

I agree. It would be nearly impossible to have a better day than yesterday, or today for that matter, no matter where you were.

Taradharma said...

simply lovely!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful there. The sounds are meditative and lovely. Yes, "the time I love the best." Thank you for that.