Thursday, March 15, 2012

Clouds to the east after rain mixed with snow














(Click on image for fuller experience)

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Thanks to Whiskey River for this quote for my post today.

Thanks to Wikipedia for this:

"There are no heroes in Dick's books," Ursula K. Le Guin wrote, "but there are heroics. One is reminded of Dickens: what counts is the honesty, constancy, kindness and patience of ordinary people."

The every-other-day-on-the-internet experiment is working out well. The effect so far is that I am spending half as much time on the internet and savoring the time off as well as the time on.

2 comments:

Goat said...

Well done with the experiment! I've read a few Dick novels, and the favourites were a couple of his realist ones: 'The Man Whose Teeth Were All Exactly Alike' (I think) and another whose name eludes me at the moment. A fascinating guy!

am said...

Most memorable for me was The Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch. I read it in the early 1980s. What I remember is that it was like the dreams I have sometimes where I have several layers of dreams within dreams. I think I am awake and then realize with each mistaken awakening that I am still dreaming. I don't know if I would read his books again, but they made a deep impression on me then. A virtuoso writer.