Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Radiant golden mist to the east at dawn


Yesterday when I bought my copy of "Tempest," I noticed that the DVD for "Titanic" was displayed at the check-out counter.  I'd never had any desire to see "Titanic," but because I am always curious about anyone or anything mentioned in songs by Bob Dylan, I bought the DVD.  After returning from my trip up Mt. Baker Highway to Heather Meadows while listening to Bob Dylan's fierce and challenging stories in song, I sat down at my work table to watch "Titanic." It is eerie how the cinematic images of the sinking Titanic in April 1912 resemble the camera-documented images of the twin towers collapsing in September 2001.  

"It has been said that sometimes we need a story more than food in order to live."
-- Rachel Naomi Remen, from My Grandfather's Blessings:  Stories of Strength, Refuge, and Belonging.


Below is a view of Mt. Shuksan, taken just down the road from Heather Meadows.  You can hear the opening to "Duquesne Whistle," the first of 10 songs on "Tempest":

2 comments:

Taradharma said...

the comparison of the ship going down to the Twin Towers is so true...disasters of enormous proportion and we, helpless to do anything about it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely golden light you have there.