Thursday, March 5, 2015

Meditation On Morning Light Through A Prism



































The beauty of things was born before eyes and sufficient to itself; the heartbreaking beauty

Will remain when there is no heart to break for it.
- Robinson Jeffers

As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I would still be in prison.
- Nelson Mandela

The healing of our present woundedness may lie in recognizing and reclaiming the capacity we all have to heal each other, the enormous power in the simplest of human relationships: the strength of touch, the blessing of forgiveness, the grace of someone else taking you as you are and finding in you an unexpected goodness.
- Rachel Naomi Remen

3 comments:

The Solitary Walker said...

'My title is from Keats, who believed that Newton had destroyed all the poetry of the rainbow by reducing it to the prismatic colors. Keats could hardly have been more wrong, and my aim is to guide all who are tempted by a similar view, towards the opposite conclusion. Science is, or ought to be, the inspiration for great poetry.'

Richard Dawkins, referring to his book 'Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite for Wonder'

I don't normally agree with Dawkins, but on this occasion I think he's right!

Anonymous said...

Love these quotes.

am said...

Robert -- Yes, about science and poetry together. Thanks for the quote from Richard Dawkins.

robin andrea -- Yes.