Friday, February 23, 2007

Calendar Series: 32nd Month / Reunion of the Calendar Family at New Year's Eve Creek Beach (1988)

In early spring of 1971, on a particularly peaceful day, a friend brought me to Ano Nuevo State Reserve, a beach at the end of what we called New Year's Eve Creek Road, although its correct name was New Year's Creek Road. He and I were almost the only people on that beach, which was soon to become a popular tourist destination because of a growing colony of elephant seals who wintered there. What I remember best about the beach was that there were pebbles embedded with fossilized sea shells. On another visit sometime later with other friends, there were a few elephant seals sleeping on the beach. 

My 11th favorite movie is "Shakespeare In Love." 

On my Zen notepad calendar today was this: Winter solitude-- in a world of one color the sound of wind. BASHO

No comments: