Thursday, March 20, 2008

SPRING EQUINOX MORNING

I'll look for you in old Honolulu,
San Francisco, Ashtabula,


















Yer gonna have to leave me now, I know.
But I'll see you in the sky above,


















In the tall grass, in the ones I love,
Yer gonna make me lonesome when you go.

(from "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go," Bob Dylan, Blood on the Tracks, 1974) Click and scroll down to hear Bob sing

I remember a Steve Goodman concert where he sang, "When the red, red robin comes Bob, Bob Dylan along, along . . .")

5 comments:

Zhoen said...

Such a great song, such expressive daffodils.

robin andrea said...

Those lines are some of my absolute favorites of Dylan's music. I don't know why, but they are. I even like reading them here. Thanks for that!

Anonymous said...

thank you for keeping the idea of steve goodman alive, it brings a quirky smile to this day
kjm

R.L. Bourges said...

the sunniest yellow of spring!
best

Anonymous said...

Lovely daffs and some Bob. Can't beat it.