Friday, September 12, 2008

FLOWERS FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF GOODBYE






















Click on flowers for close-up. Click here and scroll down for clip of "Please Stay." Also, listen to "Keep Me In Your Heart." Warren Zevon's last album is a treasure.
Please stay
Please stay
Two words I've thought I'd never learn to say
Don't go away
Please stay
Don't leave me here
When so many things so hard to see are clear
I need you near to me
Will you stay with me to the end?
When there's nothing left
But you and me and the wind
We'll never know till we try
To find the other side of goodbye
Please stay
Please stay
Two words I've thought I'd never learn to say
Don't go away
Please stay
(Warren Zevon)

In the hospice-sponsored grief support group I've been attending, two people told stories of plants flowering that had never flowered before, flowering after the death of their loved ones. This morning I found tiny purple flowers when I looked at the plants on my porch. That plant has never flowered before. Another kind message from RTN?

4 comments:

R.L. Bourges said...

I'll have to come back for the link. But the close-up and the words?
may you always walk in beauty, as the Navajo prayer says.

robin andrea said...

This is one of Warren Zevon's songs that I really love. It says it all. I think he wrote it for his last album, when he knew he was dying. It's one of those songs that gets right to the heart of the matter.

Lovely photo and flowering.

marry said...

This is a nice blog. The flower is really looking beautiful.
-------------------
marry

ahinfosource

am said...

marry -- Thanks for visiting new morning.