Tuesday, December 16, 2008

LANDSCAPE WITH RISING SUN



Vincent van Gogh, quoted on my Zen Calendar a couple of days ago:

I am an artist . . . It's self-evident that what that word implies is looking for something all the time without ever finding it in full. It is the opposite of saying, "I know all about it. I've already found it." As far as I'm concerned, the word means, "I am looking. I am hunting for it, I am deeply involved."

Here is "Landscape with Rising Sun," by Vincent van Gogh:















and "Vincent van Gogh Painting Sunflowers," by Paul Gauguin:

4 comments:

Dawn said...

time to turn on the Beatles tunes, loving it Am!!

A said...

Wow, I really think there's something to what Vincent said there. Thank you for giving me some food for thought and pondering today.

I enjoy your musings here.
Peace

Suzanne McDermott said...

Indeed! The search is on till the very last breath.

Dale said...

(o)