Sunday, January 11, 2009

"War is hell" (General Sherman)

A old friend emailed:

"I haven't looked at it yet, but if what she's saying is true, we should at least give the IDF a chance to be heard. Whether or not we agree with what's going on in Gaza."

and forwarded this from someone she knows who lives in Israel who was also forwarding it:

Subject: FW: Please spread IDF site on u tube
 
 
  Friends,   please spread!!!!!!!!

  
  IDF  "Israeli Defense Force", the  Israeli Army is having a broadcast on U Tube
explaining what's going on, and  the U Tube wants to remove it by using the excuse
as not too many people  are logging in. Please forward this email, so more people
will log in and  the IDF will be able to have its voice heard.
  
Thanks


    http://www.youtube.com/user/idfnadesk

The idea that YouTube wants to remove it because "not too many people are logging in" doesn't ring true, but I did watch the first video on that channel. It appears that plenty of people have watched the videos. I agree with my friend and with General Sherman's words.

Strange days followed by even stranger days.

2 comments:

R.L. Bourges said...

I visited the link. I doubt that upward of fifty thousand hits on a link is 'not enough visits'. I also note comments were disactivated on the vids - I'm sure they must have been snazzy pieces or verbal fireworks.

I may disagree with the IDF but I doubt that denying them the right to post their viewpoint will lead to a ceasefire, right?

thanks for the info, am.

best, comme d'habitude.

R.L. Bourges said...

that should read 'of verbal fireworks', btw.