Wednesday, March 25, 2009

THE SKY ABOVE AND THE TALL GRASS



I've loved this song since the moment I first heard it. I couldn't help but see R "in the sky above, in the tall grass, in the ones I love." Still do. The album's liner notes said something like, "Somewhere a red-haired girl smiles." I smiled when I read that. I hadn't smiled quite like that in a long time.

Haven't been able to light the candle lantern on my porch lately because of wind. A few days ago I added a colander as an impromptu windbreak. It works!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought it interesting your mention of the San Juans from the waterfront in Bellingham. I always think of Bellingham when I manage to look west from the San Juans. Love the collander photo. kjm

Anonymous said...

apologies, that would be east.kjm

am said...

That's okay with me. I'm always saying east when I mean west, right when I mean left.

R.L. Bourges said...

loooove this song, am. First time I hear a Dylan song where he sounds like he was really (as in: really-really) in love. Thanks for the discovery.

(The colander adds a great touch to the lamp! :-)