Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter Solstice 2013 / Picasso painting with light / Woman Turning Toward the Light
















I stood out on my porch as the sun rose at 8:01 this
Winter Solstice morning.  There was melting snow
on the ground below.

Later I checked some of my favorite webcams for
Winter Solstice Day images.

Yosemite Valley:
















Big Sur:
















Laguna Beach:













Mendocino:














Ocean Beach (San Francisco):











Then I found this photo of Picasso painting with light:




















One never knows what one is going to do. One starts a painting and then it becomes something quite else. It is remarkable how little the 'willing' of the artist intervenes. 
(Pablo Picasso)

Woman Turning Toward the Light (1985, chalk pastel drawing by am):





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all those ocean cam shots on the solstice. What a wonderful idea. We welcome back the light.