Friday, May 13, 2016

Gift


























































On my birthday last year, October 1, a friend left a card and a container of blooming red and yellow tulips at my front door.  When the tulips had finished blooming, I put the bulbs in a larger pot.  When tulip season, as I know it, came and went, I wondered why the bulbs hadn't come up.  Turns out they are late bloomers, blooming this year just after Mother's Day.  Now I'm curious about the out of focus stalk of volunteer flowers in the foreground of the first photo.  Any day now they will open, too.

Along with my Shasta Daisies and Sweet William:


2 comments:

Tara said...

lovely little crop on your porch. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love your flower pots there. You remind me to go out to the nursery to find some Sweet Williams for our new garden. I plant them in memory of my father.